I’m thrilled to announce a very special summer plein air painting workshop in my own beautiful hometown, Sun Valley, Idaho!
AUGUST 17-21, 2020
Join my sponsors, Royal Talens North America and me, for a week of plein air painting in the majestic Idaho Rocky Mountains.
Royal Talens North America has generously offered to co-host this special workshop and they will also be attending! “Home base” will be at my newly built art studio and the spectacular Sun Valley area, I am excited to share it with you.
Open to all levels, we have a fun-filled, informative week planned ahead. Traditional oil, water-mixable oil, acrylic and gouache painters are welcome. I will be painting with Cobra solvent-free oils. This will be a great time to try “Solvent-free with Lori McNee!” (Click here to find out more about me, Lori McNee)
Reserve your spot now! BUY NOW $350 Non-Refundable deposit.
Some of the things YOU WILL LEARN:
- 5 days filled with studio & outdoor instruction and demonstrations.
- How to organize your painting palette.
- The benefits of a limited palette.
- Understanding a split-primary palette.
- How to create thumbnail sketches and value studies.
- How to mix beautiful colors.
- How to build a successful painting with strong design and composition.
- How to develop the point of interest in your painting.
- The use of edges, interesting brushwork and texture.
- How to create atmosphere and mood in your paintings.
- The interplay between warm and cool colors.
- The pros and cons of using reference photos.
- And more!
Each day, I will guide you through simplified steps to create a successful landscape painting. You will be taught an approach that will help you create your own successful paintings.
DAILY ITINERARY (subject to change)
- 9AM Morning Breakfast Reception at Lori’s Studio
- 10AM Classroom Instruction
- 12:30PM Box Lunch Provided
- 1:30-5PM Painting Excursion to one of Sun Valley’s iconic areas
- 7PM Pizza Dinner at Lori’s House
- All Day Painting Field Trip to Redfish Lake and Stanley, Idaho
- NOON Lunch Dutch Treat
- 5PM Return to Sun Valley
- Free Evening
- Optional Evening Painting
- 9AM – 1PM Painting Excursion
- 1PM Lunch Break/Free Time
- 3PM Sun Valley Association Gallery Tour with Lori (visit our world class art galleries!)
- 5PM – 6:30PM Private Reception at Kneeland Gallery (hors d’oeuvres and cocktails provided)
- Free Evening
- Optional Evening Painting
- 9AM All Day Painting Excursion to a beautiful location near Sun Valley
- NOON Box Lunch Provided
- 4PM Return to SV
- 7PM Dinner BBQ at Lori’s
- 9AM – 2PM Painting Excursion Half Day near Sun Valley
- 2PM Break
- 7PM Royal Talens North America Farewell Dinner (TBD)
Please click the images below to enlarge the beautiful photos of the Sun Valley area…
*Sun Valley, Idaho is a famous resort town, “Where the winters bring you and the summers keep you!” The name is Sun Valley for a good reason. We have an average of 250 days of sunshine a year! Most people associate “Sun Valley” with world-class skiing, but summer is our best kept secret! Lonely Planet calls Sun Valley, Idaho an idyllic playground, a “rugged land of crenelated mountains, and cascading rives that harbors more wilderness than anywhere in the Lower 48.”
I look forward to showing your around my Sun Valley Idahome! ~Lori
Cost: $675 per person (Please read Terms & Conditions)
Cost: $575 for returning students who have joined me on an International workshop
Balance of $325 due: May 15, 2020
- Airfare NOT included.
- Airport Options:
- Friedman Memorial Airport in Sun Valley (nonstop flights on Delta, United & Alaska)
- Twin Falls Airport (1.5 hours drive to Sun Valley)
- Boise Airport (2.5 hours to Sun Valley)
- Car rentals available at the Sun Valley airport
- Lodging Suggestions: (all within a few miles from my home.)
Questions? email [email protected]
A few testimonials:
“Lori is a great teacher and gives every student individual attention. She’s so good at bringing out each painters personal style.
I highly advise signing up early because her past students might fill up next years workshops before anyone else get a chance lol.” Romona Youngquist
“I honestly could not have imagined a better beginning to my learning to oil paint journey! Lori is a wonderful talent and wonderfully passionate about painting! More importantly her enthusiastic, positive teaching style and her wonderful communication skills create such a great learning/growing painting environment for all skill levels! highly recommend the experience and certainly hope to attend many more of Lori’s workshops in my plein air painting future!” Chris Staurovsky
“Lori is a gracious and talented teacher who shares everything she knows. This has been a life changing experience.” ~Harmony Kellogg
“The most incredible workshop class I have ever taken! I have learned so much including composition and value. Every minute of this trip was enjoyable.” ~Linda Thompson